Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Here in Oz it can get very hot for Christmas so as a change we made this for our Christmas this year instead of the usual pudding. Everyone loved it. DD made this and it was so easy. She used chocolate ripple biscuits and frozen mixed berries, but have listed the original recipe from Food Ideas. Also shopping late as usual we couldn't buy silver cachous, so used Rainbow cho chips, which looked really pretty!
- 16 chocolate biscuits
- 1 1⁄4 liters vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup vanilla custard
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄4 cup granulated nuts
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, roughly crushed
- chocolate, ice magic
- sprinkles and silver cachous, to decorate
- vanilla custard, to serve (optional)
- Line an 8 cup-capacity metal pudding steamer or bowl of the same shape with plastic wrap, allowing a 2cm overhang.
- Break 10 biscuits into 2cm pieces. Combine the ice-cream, biscuit pieces, custard, marshmallows, coconut, nuts and raspberries in a bowl. Spoon mixture into prepared container. Smooth top and top with remaining biscuits (this ends up the bottom).
- Freeze overnight or until firm.
- Stand pudding at room temperature for 5 minutes to soften. Turn out onto a plate. Carefully peel away wrap. Drizzle with Ice Magic. Top with sprinkles and cachous.
- Serve with custard if wished.