Recipe by Polly_Waffle_Kid
Saw this recipe being made on an Australian TV talk show called Sunrise. Have not tried these yet but they sound delicious.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- cooking spray
- chopped marshmallows, extra
- shredded coconut, extra
CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 125 g milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup marshmallows, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk egg yolks and milk in a medium bowl until smooth. Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. Mix in milk mixture to form a smooth mixture. Mix in Choc Bits and coconut.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter, in two batches, until just combined.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spray pan with cooking oil. Drop tablespoons of mixture into pan, making 6 pancakes at a time. Cook over medium heat until bubbles appear on surface. Turn pancakes over and cook until lightly browned underneath. Remove from pan. Cover to keep warm. Repeat method with remaining batter.
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients in a small pan. Stir over low heat until warm and smooth.
- Serve pancakes warm or cold with chocolate sauce. Sprinkle with extra marshmallows and shredded coconut.
- Tip. Serve with ice-cream or cream, if you prefer.