Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like Almond Joys, you will love these pretty cookies. Recipe is from Odense Almond Paste.
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (7 ounce) boxodense almond paste, grated
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons potato starch
- 1 cup chunk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Stirring frequently, toast coconut and almonds in a dry skillet over a high heat until golden. Transfer to plate and refrigerate to cool.
- In large bowl, beat Almond Paste with egg whites for 2 minutes or until a very smooth paste.
- Whisk sugar and potato starch together. Add sugar mixture to almond mixture a tablespoon at a time, beating well between each addition. Beat until batter is smooth and shiny.
- Fold coconut, almonds and chips into batter. Chill 15 minutes.
- Drop chilled batter by tablespoons onto parchment. Bake 15 minutes or until cookie tips and bottoms are golden brown.
- Cool baking sheet on wire rack. Remove cookies when completely cool and store in an airtight container.