Recipe by Cookie Jarvis
My sister in law has been making something called a lazy cake for as long as she could stir with a wooden spoon. I have adapted it to a new version that includes walnuts and marshmallows, molded into a tube pan and cut into thin slices.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages baking chocolate
- 8 ounces graham cracker crumbs (or crushed cookies)
- 1 (4 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (16 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chocolate sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate baking chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave 4 minutes on medium power or until melted.
- Immediately stir in graham cracker crumbs and enough milk to stir easily (you should not see extra milk in bowl).
- Add miniature marshmallows and chopped walnuts.
- Stir well.
- Grease sides of springform tube pan.
- Cover bottom of tube pan with chocolate sprinkles.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the tube pan and press down with the spoon until even.
- Refrigerate until solid, 1 hour.
- Loosen sides of tube pan with a butter knife.
- Unmold onto serving plate.
- Cut into very thin slices.