Recipe by HeidiSue
From the Magic of Jell-O Cookbook. Cook time is min. time to freeze.
Top Review by Lady Dancer
We really liked this recipe. It was easy to make and presents very well. Because I made it the night before, I wasn't able to save the whipped cream but used dollops of Cool Whip instead. I also used honey roasted peanuts I had left over from Christmas which was a REAL nice touch if I do say so myself! Next time I make it I may dress it up a little more with some chocolate curls and maybe some crushed nuts on the top. thanks for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk or 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 1⁄2 ounces jell-o chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (4-serving size)
- 3 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 prepared graham cracker crumb crust (6 ouces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour milk into large bowl.
- Add pudding mix and beat with a wire whisk until well blended, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Fold whipped topping, chocolate chips, marshmallows, and nuts into pudding mixture.
- Spoon into crumb crust.
- Freeze pie until firm, about 6 hours or overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving to soften.
- Store leftover pie in the freezer.