1/1 Photo of Rocky Road Fudge Bars
Miss Erin's Note:
This is a recipe from my soon to be Mother in Law. It's a family favorite that I made for the first time with rave reviews. I've been told it was originally a Pillsbury Bake-Off recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2-3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese (reserve 2 oz for frosting)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2Grease 9x13 pan.
- 3In large saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat.
- 4Add remaining bar ingredients and spread into pan.
- 5In small bowl combine all the filling ingredients except for the nuts and chocolate chips.
- 6Beat one minute at medium speed and stir in the nuts.
- 7Spread over bar mixture.
- 8Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- 9Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 10Sprinkle with Marshmallows and bake 2 minutes longer.
- 11Meanwhile in large saucepan, melt the remaining butter, chocolate and cream cheese and milk over low heat.
- 12Remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- 13Pour over marshmallows and swirl together.
- 14Chill until firm, cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rocky Road Fudge Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1967 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.7
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.1 mg
- Sodium 148.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 33.8 g
- Protein 3.8 g