Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just like candy:) This is so rich and confection-like, and there's also a big secret to this, too...THE RECIPE MAKES ENOUGH FROSTING TO COAT A CAKE GENEROUSLY WITH EXTRA FOR LICKING STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOWL:):):):):)
- 1 3⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped nuts (any kind--I used cashews)
- In a medium, heavy saucepan over low heat, melt 1 cup of the semisweet chocoalte chips with the unsweetened chocoalte; remove pan from heat.
- Add the butter, vanilla, and salt to the melted chocolate and stir until the butter melts and is incorporated into the chocolate.
- Let stand until the mixture is at room temperature.
- Using an electric mixer at high speed, whip the chocolate until it holds soft peaks.
- Fold in the remaining chocolate chips, marshmallows, and nuts.
- Frost as desired.
It is fast and quick. However after 10 minutes of beating at high speed, it still didn't get to the soft peak stage. That was my problem. Added 1/4 c. powdered sugar and it worked fine.