Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Just like candy:) This is so rich and confection-like, and there's also a big secret to this, too...THE RECIPE MAKES ENOUGH FROSTING TO COAT A CAKE GENEROUSLY WITH EXTRA FOR LICKING STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOWL:):):):):)
Top Review by Myrna 2
It is fast and quick. However after 10 minutes of beating at high speed, it still didn't get to the soft peak stage. That was my problem. Added 1/4 c. powdered sugar and it worked fine.
- 1 3⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped nuts (any kind--I used cashews)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium, heavy saucepan over low heat, melt 1 cup of the semisweet chocoalte chips with the unsweetened chocoalte; remove pan from heat.
- Add the butter, vanilla, and salt to the melted chocolate and stir until the butter melts and is incorporated into the chocolate.
- Let stand until the mixture is at room temperature.
- Using an electric mixer at high speed, whip the chocolate until it holds soft peaks.
- Fold in the remaining chocolate chips, marshmallows, and nuts.
- Frost as desired.