Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Nigella Lawson's "Nigella Express"
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup or 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 8 ounces digestive biscuits (or other hard, plain cookie) or 8 ounces ginger snaps (or other hard, plain cookie)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Melt chocolate, butter and golden syrup together over low heat.
- Put digestive biscuits in a ziptop bag. Bash with a rolling pin until you have a mixture of coarse and fine crumbs.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the melted chocolate mixture and set aside. Add biscuit crumbs and marshmallows to the chocolate remaining in the pan. Mix thoroughly. Turn out into a 9" square pan. Pat out flat. Drizzle reserved chocolate over the top.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Dust top with powdered sugar and cut into 24 bars.
sorry, this was way too sweet and chocolatey, if that is possible, even my kids didn't like it and they are chocolate fiends. Won't make again. Vanessa
I had been looking for this recipe ever since I saw it on Nigella's show. The bars are really easy to make. I didn't have the marshmallows at hand so I left them out of the recipe, and I replaced half of the digestive biscuits with equal volume of oats. They turned out quite good! Thanks Dr Gaellon!