Recipe by SusieQusie
From the Summer 2006 Kraft food & family home mailer. A quick, sweet treat that could be made with a variety of ingredients. I made them by the recipe & they are crunchy, sweet & salty, however, I think they could benefit by more chocolate.
Top Review by Goodeatin
Pretty good bars. Used 32 large marshmallows instead of mini, didn't have any peanuts, used 1 c milk choc chips, and added about 1/4 cup wheat germ. Nuts may have added a nice crunch. Also didn't use foil; just buttered the pan and it was fine.
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts, chopped
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave honey & butter in large bowl on high for 1 minute; stir till well blended.
- Add marshmallow, toss to coat & microwave 1 1/2 minutes or till marshmallows puff up. Stir till well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients & mix well.
- Pour in a well buttered, foil lined 13X9 inch pan.
- Cool & cut into 24 bars.