Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
From the Summer 2006 Kraft food & family home mailer. A quick, sweet treat that could be made with a variety of ingredients. I made them by the recipe & they are crunchy, sweet & salty, however, I think they could benefit by more chocolate.
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts, chopped
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- Microwave honey & butter in large bowl on high for 1 minute; stir till well blended.
- Add marshmallow, toss to coat & microwave 1 1/2 minutes or till marshmallows puff up. Stir till well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients & mix well.
- Pour in a well buttered, foil lined 13X9 inch pan.
- Cool & cut into 24 bars.
Pretty good bars. Used 32 large marshmallows instead of mini, didn't have any peanuts, used 1 c milk choc chips, and added about 1/4 cup wheat germ. Nuts may have added a nice crunch. Also didn't use foil; just buttered the pan and it was fine.
These are amazing! I left the peanuts out and used non stick spray on the foil and they came out great!
These are addictive little lower fat treats! VERY sweet with the honey and marshmallows, but tasty. I used cinnamon HBofO cereal and omitted the peanuts. These puppies stuck like crazy to the foil but we solved that by scraping off every last bit with a spoon. I may add a little more cereal next time to see if that helps the stickiness. Thanks for sharing the recipe!