Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Marshmallows, peanuts and chocolate chips top a creamy peanut butter filling in a crescent roll crust. Need I say more? From Pillsbury's "The Complete Book of Baking".
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3⁄4 cup salted peanuts or 3⁄4 cup other nuts, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- Heat oven to 375*.
- Unroll dough into 2 long rectangles.
- Place in ungreased 13x9" pan; press over bottom to form crust.
- Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes.
- In medium bowl, combine sugar, peanut butter and cream cheese; blend until smooth.
- Stir in corn syrup, vanilla and egg; mix well.
- Pour mixture over partially baked crust; spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows, peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is firm to touch.
- Cool completely.
- Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
Dh made these to bring to work as a treat for a weekend install. He followed the directions exactly and said that they were very easy to make. Everyone loved them.
this just didn't work for me. i had way too much topping for the base layer. when i cooked it for 25 minutes it was very loose, then after 30 minutes the outside edges were very well done while the middle was still not set. after cooling and 2 hour refrigerator time i couldn't cut it into bars because the bottom was sticking to the pan. i used a spatula to try to unstick it but it broke into pieces.i'm sorry sharon, i tried, but i would not make this again