Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't remember where this original recipe came from, I think it might have been an old Safeway newsletter, but I ADORE it... they're like cake/brownies (I eat them with a fork) and are great for parties!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Rocky Road Frosting
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted if lumpy
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat butter and Coca Cola until butter melts.
- Stir in flour, sugar, cocoa and salt.
- Whisk in eggs, buttermilk, baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour into greased 9"x13" baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Bring butter, Coca Cola, coffee granules and water to a boil on top of a stove or in microwave.
- Stir in powdered sugar and cocoa until well blended.
- Fold in nuts and marshmallows.
- When cake is done, pour frosting over the hot cake, spreading it to cover.
- Cool completely (Cake may be stored at room temperature for several days or frozen).
- Before serving, cut into 1 1/2 inch bars.
Very fudgy, yummy, chocolaty bars! I canÂ´t say I detected much of cola taste, but surely it wouldnÂ´t be the same without it. Keeps well in fridge for days. The marshmallows where fun on top, but might be nice mixed in the batter, as well.