Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my own original recipe that I created after craving something sweet that wouldn't blow my points for the day. They taste great and you can't even tell there's healthy ingredients lurking in there! NOTE: I used unsweetened carob chips but was unable to locate this ingredient while posting.
- 2 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 cup textured vegetable protein
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 cup Hersheys cocoa powder
- 3 1⁄3 cups mini marshmallows, divided (chop 1/3 cup & set aside)
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons carob chips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 butter-flavored cooking spray
- Spray an 8" x 8" square pan with 4 sprays non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine cereal, oats, textured vegetable protein and flax seed in a large bowl; set aside.
- In large pot over medium heat, melt 3 cups of mini marshmallows with the olive oil, stirring constantly.
- Add cocoa powder and salt; mix well.
- Add vanilla extract; mix well.
- Turn off heat and add cereal mixture; stir until well combined.
- Put half of the cereal mixture in prepared pan; sprinkle with half of the nuts, half of the carob chips and half of the chopped marshmallows, pressing cereal mixture firmly down into pan.
- Repeat previous step with remaining ingredients. Chill until firm, remove from pan and cut into 12 bars. Store in ziplock baggie at room temperature.