Recipe by lo8169
I found this recipe on the inside label of EAGLE brand sweetened condensed milk about 15 years ago and have been making these ever since. You can still find the recipe on the EAGLE web site, but it no longer calls for the 2 types of chocolate chips...I think that's what makes it stand out. ENJOY
Top Review by sprue
this was good but WAY too many marshmellows i only put in about half and it was still too many so i cant imagine if you put the whole bag in!! but other than that it was really good. i used walnuts instead of peanuts and threw in a little dash of vanilla at the end of the chocolate melting and omitted the butter. so i really liked it except next time i will use maybe only a cup or so of marshmellows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups peanuts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips and butter with EAGLE BRAND®; remove from heat. You can also do this in the microwave with the same results. Set power to 50% and stir after every minute.
- In large bowl, combine peanuts and marshmallows; stir in chocolate mixture.
- Spread on waxed paper-lined 13x9-inch baking pan. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove from pan; peel off paper and cut into squares.
- Store leftovers loosely covered at room temperature.