Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Dieters, look away - this is very rich, and very sinful! Time estimates do not include the time in the fridge. Recipe adapted from Glorian ruoka&viini magazine.
- 175 g digestive biscuits
- 100 g melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 300 g semisweet chocolate, plus
- 50 g semisweet chocolate
- 400 ml heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 500 ml chopped marshmallows
- 400 ml chopped almonds, unskinned
- 200 ml chopped marshmallows
- 50 ml chopped almonds, unskinned
- 50 g chopped semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 175°C Line the bottom of a 22 cm cake tin (with removable bottom) with parchment paper.
- To make crust: Crush digestive biscuits and mix with melted butter and sugar. Press into the prepared tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- To prepare filling: Melt 300 g of chocolate on top of a double boiler. Heat cream in a saucepan to boiling point and remove from heat. Lightly whip egg yolks in a bowl.
- Add 100 ml of hot cream to the whipped egg yolks. Mix well and then pour the egg&cream mixture into the saucepan and combine with cream. Combine egg&cream mixture with the melted chocolate.
- Chop the remaining chocolate (50 g) and combine with chopped marshmallows and almonds. Sprinkle mixture on top of the baked crust. Top with chocolate&cream mixture, reserving about 100 ml for the topping. Place the cake in the fridge for at least an hour.
- To make topping: Combine chopped marshmallows, almonds and chocolate. Sprinkle mixture on top of the cooled cake. Drizzle the remaining filling mixture on top of the cake.
- Return the cake to the fridge for a while before serving.