Recipe by Just Mandy
There's melted ice cream in the batter! This is an adapted recipe from the Cake Mix Doctor (She used Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia). My friends loved this cake so much they all had TWO pieces! It is fluffy and a bit sticky with a light chocolate flavor. I make it in as a sheet cake but I bet it would make a lovely bundt cake! The topping is all mine. Marshmallow cream , hot fudge, nuts--need I say more? Try your own ice cream flavors and let me know how they turn out!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 2 cups melted rocky road ice cream (you'll need to start out with at least 2 1/2 c frozen ice cream)
- 3 eggs
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 (11 3/4 ounce) jar hot fudge, halved
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 9x13-inch pan (I like to use my glass casserole dish).
- Place about 2 1/2 cup ice cream in microwave-safe dish then melt in microwave.
- You may need to add more to get it to 2 cups melted ice cream.
- Combine cake mix, melted ice cream and eggs; mix on low speed for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix on medium another minute or two until well blended.
- Pour into pan and bake 30-35 minutes or until you can press on the top and it springs back slightly.
- You don't want it to rise so much that it cracks, you'll have a dry cake.
- Set on rack until cool or almost cool.
- Heat the jar of hot fudge.
- Pour half of the hot fudge onto cake and spread out.
- Let it soak into the cake.
- Microwave the marshmallow cream a TINY bit to loosen it up (10-20 seconds).
- Pour onto the cake and spread out.
- Drizzle the rest of the hot fudge over the marshmallow cream in stripes, zig zags or swirls.
- Sprinkle nuts to garnish.
- Cook time does not include cooling time.