Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Good with a gooey topping.
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt 12 ounce package chocolate chips in medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally; cool.
- In mixer bowl, beat chocolate mixture, eggs and sugar. Blend in flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Spoon into greased 9x13" baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven 25 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with marshmallows, pecans and remaining chocolate chips, in that order. Continue baking until golden (15-20 minutes). Cool. Cut with knife dipped in warm water.
These were pretty good, but mine did not come out gooey, they came out a bit dry, I think there was a bit too much flour so next time I would probably cut down on the flour by a cup, and then add a little more if it needed it. I also only baked the brownies themselves for 20 minutes and then put them back in for only 5 minutes with the topping on. Thanks for posting the recipe.
These were good, and the flavours really worked together. I think They would have been better if the topping was mixed through though. Maybe spread half the brownie mix into the tray, mix the other half with the topping, and spread over? Mine ended up a little over-cooked, and a lot of the topping just fell off when I cut the brownies. My kids are enjoying them! [Made for Aus/NZ Swap]