Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are ridiculously fudgy and rich. It looks even better if you double or triple the amount of marshmallows, but it will be insanely sweet.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped coarse
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick tin foil, crimping to create a 4" 'collar'. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a heavy 1 1/2-quart saucepan (or microwave on Medium), melt butter, unsweetened chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate, stirring, until smooth and remove pan from heat. Cool mixture 10 minutes.
- Stir in sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon until mixture is glossy and smooth.
- Mix flour, walnuts and salt separately, then gently stir into chocolate mix.
- Spread batter evenly in pan and bake in middle of oven 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and add chocolate and marshmallows evenly over brownies.
- Bake brownies until marshmallows are puffy and pale golden, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, quickly swirl just the top chocolate/marshmallow with a skewer.
- Cool brownies completely in pan on a rack, then refrigerate until firm.
- Trim edges, then cut into 16 squares with a buttered knife.
WOW! These are fabulous! These always get rave reviews! Will make again and again!
Oh man can you say decadent...this is truly one of the yummiest brownies I have ever made.
These are fantastic brownies for all times! love love love them!