1/16 Photos of Rocky Road Brownies
These are ridiculously fudgy and rich. It looks even better if you double or triple the amount of marshmallows, but it will be insanely sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped coarse
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick tin foil, crimping to create a 4" 'collar'. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In a heavy 1 1/2-quart saucepan (or microwave on Medium), melt butter, unsweetened chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate, stirring, until smooth and remove pan from heat. Cool mixture 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon until mixture is glossy and smooth.
- 4Mix flour, walnuts and salt separately, then gently stir into chocolate mix.
- 5Spread batter evenly in pan and bake in middle of oven 20 minutes.
- 6Remove pan from oven and add chocolate and marshmallows evenly over brownies.
- 7Bake brownies until marshmallows are puffy and pale golden, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven, quickly swirl just the top chocolate/marshmallow with a skewer.
- 9Cool brownies completely in pan on a rack, then refrigerate until firm.
- 10Trim edges, then cut into 16 squares with a buttered knife.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rocky Road Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.3
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.0 mg
- Sodium 91.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g