Recipe by Tee Lee
From a Easy Everyday Cooking recipe card. A brownie "crust" is topped with nuts, chocolate or peanut butter chips, mini marshmallows, and coconut flakes. Great for kids to help top.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (or margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or try rum extract for a grown-up flavor)
- 1⁄4 cup mixed nuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter chips (or milk chocolate chips)
- 1⁄3 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a medium bowl by microwaving uncovered on HIGH for 30 second intervals, stirring after each time, until melted and smooth.
- *Alternately, melt in a double boiler over hot water.
- Mix butter and sugar into melted chocolate.
- Add egg and vanilla to chocolate mixture and mix until smooth.
- Slowly stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture, until all flour is combined.
- Spread batter in prepared pie plate.
- Bake until set, about 15 minutes.
- For topping, mix nuts, peanut butter chips, marshmallows and coconut in a bowl.
- Sprinkle over brownie crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until pizza pulls away from the sides of pan.
- Cool before cutting.