Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a milk recipe cookbook... this is great!
- 6 cups dry bread, in cubes
- 1⁄2 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 3 eggs (, or 3/4 cup egg product)
- whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Butter a 2 quart baking dish.
- In dish, combine bread cubes, marshmallows, chocolate chips, and walnuts, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar and cocoa powder.
- Combine milk and eggs and gradually stir into the cocoa mixture.
- Pour milk mixture over bread in baking dish.
- Make sure all bread is moistened by pressing with back of large spoon.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.