Recipe by manda1027
this recipe was on an insert in a bag of potatoes
Top Review by Taratoo
I love these rolls! They are really light and taste delicious. I used instant potatoes which made them even easier. I used a hand mixer with dough hooks and had no problem mixing. The first time I made these, I made one 9x13 pan immediately. I made another 9x13 pan a couple of days later. Two days after that I used the rest of the dough for pizza crust! I made another batch for a dinner at church this past Sunday. I ended up with 50 rolls and it wasn't nearly enough. They were a huge hit! Thanks for the great recipe!
- 236.59 ml potato, cooked and mashed
- 44.37 ml shortening
- 473.18 ml hot water
- 1537.83-1656.13 ml flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml salt
- 7.08 g package yeast, dissolved in
- 59.14 ml lukewarm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat sugar, egg and shortening.
- Add potatoes and hot water, salt and a little flour.
- Then add yeast and rest of flour.
- Let rise until doubled in size, punch down.
- The dough then can be refrigerated and used as needed.
- To bake, shape dough into rolls as you desire. Let rise and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.