Recipe by manda1027
this recipe was on an insert in a bag of potatoes
Top Review by Taratoo
I love these rolls! They are really light and taste delicious. I used instant potatoes which made them even easier. I used a hand mixer with dough hooks and had no problem mixing. The first time I made these, I made one 9x13 pan immediately. I made another 9x13 pan a couple of days later. Two days after that I used the rest of the dough for pizza crust! I made another batch for a dinner at church this past Sunday. I ended up with 50 rolls and it wasn't nearly enough. They were a huge hit! Thanks for the great recipe!
- 1 cup potato, cooked and mashed
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 2 cups hot water
- 6 1⁄2-7 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup lukewarm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat sugar, egg and shortening.
- Add potatoes and hot water, salt and a little flour.
- Then add yeast and rest of flour.
- Let rise until doubled in size, punch down.
- The dough then can be refrigerated and used as needed.
- To bake, shape dough into rolls as you desire. Let rise and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.