1/1 Photo of Rocky Mountain High Coconut Cream Pie
Somewhat time consuming but OH so worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups light cream, at room temp
- 1 cup milk, at room temp
- 4 extra-large egg yolks, lightly beaten, at room temp
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 fully baked 9 inch pie shell
- 1Mix sugar and cornstarch in large bowl until it resembles powder.
- 2Add the light cream slowly in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Beat well.
- 3Add milk in the same way. Beat in egg yolks.
- 4Pour into heavy 2-quart saucepan, set over medium high heat, and bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- 5When the mixture reaches a hard boil (when bubbles continue thru stirring) reduce heat to low, and simmer for 2 minutes while continuing to stir.
- 6Pour the filling into medium size bowl. Beat in the butter one Tablespoon at a time, stirring each until melted.
- 7Beat in vanilla and coconut. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and let cool for 1/2 hour.
- 8Spoon filling into pie crust, chill until firm, at least 4 hours. Can decorate with whipped cream and browned coconut if so desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rocky Mountain High Coconut Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.8
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 142.1 mg
- Sodium 172.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 5.5 g