- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (10 ounce) package Hershey chocolate kisses
- additional confectioners' sugar, to sprinkle over baked cookies
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy. Add flour and vanilla. Add ground almonds and mix. Chill for about 1-2 hours.
- Mold small amount of dough around each kiss, completely covering the chocolate. Place in ungreased baking sheet and bake at 300°F for 14-18 minutes. Halfway through baking reverse the baking sheet. Cool cookies slightly and roll warm cookies in a plate of confectioners sugar.
- Watch these cookies carefully as they bake. The bottom of the cookie should only be lightly brown.