Posted in response to a recipe request. Cooling time not included in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup real butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated coconut
Rocky Mountain Filling
- 1For the cake:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Grease and flour three 9-inch round cake pans.
- 4Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Sift flour, baking powder and salt together; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 7Mix well after each addition.
- 8Stir in vanilla.
- 9Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- 10Bake for 25 to 30 minutes OR until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 11Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove layers from pans and let cake cool completely.
- 12Spread Rocky Mountain Filling between layers and top with coconut.
- 13For the filling:.
- 14Combine sugar and water in a heavy saucepan.
- 15Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil and sugar is dissolved.
- 16Beat egg whites until foamy.
- 17While beating at medium speed of electric mixer, slowly pour hot syrup in a thin stream over egg whites.
- 18Turn mixer to high speed and continue beating until stiff peaks form and mixture is thick enough to spread.
- 19Stir in coconut, raisins, currants and almonds.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rocky Mountain Coconut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 857.2
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 25.4 g
- Cholesterol 114.0 mg
- Sodium 307.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 83.3 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: