Recipe by Redsie
Big hit with the kids... and their parents! Not too sweet and very easy to bake. A R. Reisman Recipe.
Top Review by a.eaton92
Granted I didn't have eggs (substituted one tbsp corn starch and three tbsp. of water) these had great appearence buy somewhat mushy texture, I'd probably do more oil less applesauce next time or try to find a sub for the yogurt. Super healthy though and that was what I was going for, honestly I bet the guys at work won't really notice!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Spray a 8-inch square baking dish with vegetable spray.
- In a bowl and using a whisk, beat sugar, cocoa, applesauce, oil, egg, vanilla and yogurt.
- In another bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. Stir the mixture into the applesauce mixture just until everything is combined. Pour the batter into a prepared dish.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with marshmallows and chocolate chips. Bake another 10 minutes.
- Let the dish cool on a wire rack.