1/8 Photos of Rocky Mount, Nc BBQ Chicken (Sandwiches)
1 hr 10 mins
Sweet and sticky with a kick of heat, this easy recipe is quite common around parts of eastern NC. This recipe is always grilled outdoors as the vinegar in the air is quite strong at times. It is traditionally eaten between two slices of white bread, eating around the bone to keep your fingers clean, and no worries about biting into a napkin!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Do this a day or two before to meld flavors: Put crushed red pepper into the vinegar bottle (using a shaker type bottle or punch holes into the vinegar cap with a knife or fat nail). How much of the crushed pepper you let out onto the chicken is up to you, dependent on how big the holes are.
- 2This recipe is normally cooked with the grill lid off. Place chicken pieces on the grill, and sprinkle the red pepper vinegar onto the chicken and also frequently during cooking and flare-ups. Continue cooking until chicken is cooked thru, turning occasionally. About 45 min to 1 hour.
- 3When the chicken is thoroughly cooked, baste both sides of chicken with the honey mustard sauce. cover grill and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- 4Serve between 1-2 slices of white bread and eat sandwich style around the bones.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rocky Mount, Nc BBQ Chicken (Sandwiches)
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.9
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 121.9 mg
- Sodium 443.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 31.7 g