Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. One of my wifes favorite breakfast is a potato Roesti. It is pretty simple to make as it has only shredded potatoes, shredded carrots, butter, shredded swiss cheese, spices. You can add a fried egg to the top, but we like just the patties themselves.
- Prepare carrot by microwaving for about 1.5 minutes on high. Then grate the carrot and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the bag of Simply Potatoes and the chopped onion to the same bowl and mix all ingredients well. You can add grated pepper to taste if you like, but we don't add anything else.
- In a large cast iron skillet heated to medium, melt the 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Add the Simply Potatoes Hash Browns, carrots, and onions from the bowl and spread out into a large patty. Cook for about 3 minutes and then turn the patty. No problem if it breaks up - just reassemble it into a patty form and cook on the other side for about 3 minutes.
- Cut the large patty in half with your spatula. On one half, spread the grated Swiss cheese and then flip the other half of the patty on top of the cheese. Cook the resulting "sandwich" another minute to start the cheese inside melting, then flip it over and cook on the oter side for 1 minute. Divide in half and serve.
- Depending on how much you like to eat, you can get 2-4 servings out of this. The wife and I can eat it all, so in our house, it is only 2 servings.