Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ready in 20 minutes!
Make and share this Rockin' Moroccan Pita recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 (16 ounce) cansbush's best garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 pita pockets
- plain yogurt (optional) or sour cream (optional)
- Combine cumin and chili powder in a plastic bag.
- Add chicken and shake to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring frequently.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix remaining ingredients except pita pockets, in bowl.
- Stir in chicken.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cut top off pitas to open.
- Divide chicken mixture among the pitas; top with yogurt, if desired.