1/3 Photos of Rockin' Guacamole (Southwest)
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe comes from the 1997 cookbook, Vegetarian Planet & it makes a dip that even I can enjoy, & I don't normally care for this green stuff! Preparation time does not include the time needed for the dip to chill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) eggplants
- 1 Hass avocado, ripe, peeled, pitted
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, minced
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Cut eggplant in half & lay the two halves on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- 3Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from oven & let cool.
- 4In a bowl, combine avocado, the bell peppers, cayenne, garlic, red onion, cilantro, olive oil & lime juice.
- 5Spoon the eggplant from its skin & add it to the bowl, then with a potato masher or a fork, mash the mixture coarsely.
- 6Add salt & pepper to taste, then chill the dip for at least 30 minutes, before serving with chips.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rockin' Guacamole (Southwest)
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.7
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 74.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 0.6 g