This is my sister Alexis' recipe. The most delicious enchiladas you'll ever have. The sour cream sauce really makes this meal. Original recipe calls for 1 4 oz. can of diced jalepenos in meat mixture but DH does not like it spicy so I omit.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 12 large flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute onion in oil until translucent.
- Add ground beef and brown, drain fat then add back to pan.
- Add taco seasoning and 1 can green chiles.
- In a large bowl combine sour cream, cream of chicken, 1 can green chiles, garlic powder, chile powder, cayenne, salt & pepper.
- Roll 3-4 tbs. of meat into each tortilla, place in casserole dish.
- Spread sour cream mixture over rolled tortillas and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minute at 300 degrees.