This is my sister Alexis' recipe. The most delicious enchiladas you'll ever have. The sour cream sauce really makes this meal. Original recipe calls for 1 4 oz. can of diced jalepenos in meat mixture but DH does not like it spicy so I omit.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 12 large flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute onion in oil until translucent.
- Add ground beef and brown, drain fat then add back to pan.
- Add taco seasoning and 1 can green chiles.
- In a large bowl combine sour cream, cream of chicken, 1 can green chiles, garlic powder, chile powder, cayenne, salt & pepper.
- Roll 3-4 tbs. of meat into each tortilla, place in casserole dish.
- Spread sour cream mixture over rolled tortillas and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minute at 300 degrees.
We had this tonight for dinner. It was very good, and I will be making it again; however, I think I will reduce to 1/2 pkg. of taco seasoning and use a little less cayenne pepper.
These were really good and easy to make. This was easy to make on a weeknight. I keep cooked hamburger in the freezer so that made it even easier to put together. I followed the recipe as written other then I added a lot more cheese then the recipe states because we are cheese lovers.
This was an excellent, easy to prepare, relatively inexpensive meal to prepare that goes a long way in satisying hearty appetites. I used cream of mushroom soup and canned chiles in chopped tomatoes. I also chopped cilantro and added it to the cream sauce. One enchilada is enough. I ate two and was full beyond the breaking point 8 hours later - very uncomfortable and I have a large appetite. Use light side dishes such as a green veggie or side green salad. Next time, I will cut the sauce in half-way too much was left over. Also I will use small rather than large tortillas for the smaller eaters in my family.