Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my sister Alexis' recipe. The most delicious enchiladas you'll ever have. The sour cream sauce really makes this meal. Original recipe calls for 1 4 oz. can of diced jalepenos in meat mixture but DH does not like it spicy so I omit.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 12 large flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute onion in oil until translucent.
- Add ground beef and brown, drain fat then add back to pan.
- Add taco seasoning and 1 can green chiles.
- In a large bowl combine sour cream, cream of chicken, 1 can green chiles, garlic powder, chile powder, cayenne, salt & pepper.
- Roll 3-4 tbs. of meat into each tortilla, place in casserole dish.
- Spread sour cream mixture over rolled tortillas and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minute at 300 degrees.
We had this tonight for dinner. It was very good, and I will be making it again; however, I think I will reduce to 1/2 pkg. of taco seasoning and use a little less cayenne pepper.
These were really good and easy to make. This was easy to make on a weeknight. I keep cooked hamburger in the freezer so that made it even easier to put together. I followed the recipe as written other then I added a lot more cheese then the recipe states because we are cheese lovers.
This was an excellent, easy to prepare, relatively inexpensive meal to prepare that goes a long way in satisying hearty appetites. I used cream of mushroom soup and canned chiles in chopped tomatoes. I also chopped cilantro and added it to the cream sauce. One enchilada is enough. I ate two and was full beyond the breaking point 8 hours later - very uncomfortable and I have a large appetite. Use light side dishes such as a green veggie or side green salad. Next time, I will cut the sauce in half-way too much was left over. Also I will use small rather than large tortillas for the smaller eaters in my family.