Recipe by Ninna
Found this online a long time ago but have changed the recipe to add the caramelized balsamic vinegar. The balsamic will thicken on reducing.
- 1 bunch rocket (Aguilar)
- 2 pears, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese, crumbled (or shaved Parmesan or crumbled feta if you prefer)
- balsamic vinegar
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pear slices with a little lemon juice and arrange over rocket on a medium sized platter.
- Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with the caramelized balsamic vinegar.
- Serve immediately with ground black pepper.
- To caramelize balsamic vinegar, simply reduce a 500 ml bottle of Balsamic Vinegar down to about 150 ml (2/3 cup) over high heat for approx 15 minutes - it will keep for several weeks in the pantry or you can caramelize less to use for this salad only.