Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
a Women's Weekly recipe
Make and share this Rocket, Ricotta and Potato Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 175 g bacon, finely diced
- 400 g potatoes, chopped and cooked
- 40 g rocket, coarsely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 100 g ricotta cheese, crumbled
- Fry bacon till crisp and browned.
- Stir in potato and chopped rocket.
- Whisk eggs, parmesan and cream together in jug.
- Season to taste.
- Pour over potato mixture.
- Cook on medium for 6 - 8 minutes till almost set.
- Top with crumbled ricotta.
- Place under preheated grill for 5 minutes till set.
- Stand 3 minutes before serving.
Excellent recipe! I didn't use bacon but added sun dried tomatoes and it was delicious! Thanks a lot for posting.
I used chorizo in place of bacon. Garden pick frsh arugula, leftover potatoes Rosemary Potatoes which has rosemary garlic, and pepper and used low fat ricotta which I spooned on not the crumbled ricotta salata. Made for ZWT 2011 thanks.
So good - potatoes in my breakfast eggs is one of my favourite treats and this frittata really got a lot of points with my family. I will agree with the previous reviewer in that the ricotta I had was also creamy, and I blobbed it on top, too...I'm wondering if the recipe really calls for ricotta salata, which is drier and can actually be crumbled? No matter what, this was yummy.