Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can use any flavors or colors you like. Because these popsicles are just basically frozen jello, they don't leave a big sticky mess everywhere as they melt, great for little kids! Use Cool Whip for white layers. Ingredients are per box of jello. "Cooking time" is time for prepping and freezing one layer.
- Combine 1 flavor of gelatin with 1/2 cup sugar.
- Pour 1 cup boiling water over mixture and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir in ice.
- Pour first layer into molds or paper cups to desired height.
- Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Repeat for all desired layers.
- Once the last layer is poured insert popsicle sticks and freeze for several hours or until completely set.
- Store leftover gelatin in refrigerator.
Great idea - I used strawberry, orange and lemon flavours and they tasted great. Bit time consuming having to make and freeze each layer and in my freezer it took longer than 30 minutes (that's not the poster's fault though!!) but great alternative to shop bought popsicles.
I have to agree with RainyFriday. I wanted to like these badly because then I wouldn't have to go w/o popsicles. I really don't like the ones in stores. They had too much gelatin texture. The presentation and preparation were great but the texture was not. If you don't mind the gelatin then you may like it. But we disliked it and threw the whole batch out. :-(
Kids love this