Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My son made this for a BBQ we had recently-I've made it twice since and think it's delicious.
Make and share this Rocket (Arugula), Pear and Walnut Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 cups baby rocket
- 1 firm pear, skin on sliced thinly (beurre bosc is good)
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thinly lengthways
- 120 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shaved parmesan cheese (I use more)
- Place the molasses in a small bowl and add enough water to make it a thinner dressing consistency.
- Add the cinnamon and garlic and set aside while you assemble the salad.
- Lay the rocket leaves on a flat platter, then arrange the remaining ingredients over the top. Spoon the dressing over and serve.
Unfortunately, this sounded better than it tasted. Normally I'd try the recipe again just to make sure I hadn't made a mistake but this recipe is simple so I know no error was made. The flavors simply didn't meld for me.
Superlight and delicious salad!
Aragula, pears and walnuts fits very well together. The pomegranate molasses as dressing is the perfect touch to this fabulous salad!
Presents very well and is fast done. Thanks Jan!
Reviewed for Make My Recipe Tag Game in the Aus//NZ Forum- wonderful salad. The sweet pear, nuts, sharp molasses, bitey cheese and bitterness of the rocket were a great combo. I loved this salad, but wasn't enjoyed by my kids....maybe next time they can have a creamy dressing and adults the pomegranite dressing. Photos being posted.