Recipe by JustJanS
My son made this for a BBQ we had recently-I've made it twice since and think it's delicious.
Top Review by The Happy Housewife
Unfortunately, this sounded better than it tasted. Normally I'd try the recipe again just to make sure I hadn't made a mistake but this recipe is simple so I know no error was made. The flavors simply didn't meld for me.
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 cups baby rocket
- 1 firm pear, skin on sliced thinly (beurre bosc is good)
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thinly lengthways
- 120 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shaved parmesan cheese (I use more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the molasses in a small bowl and add enough water to make it a thinner dressing consistency.
- Add the cinnamon and garlic and set aside while you assemble the salad.
- Lay the rocket leaves on a flat platter, then arrange the remaining ingredients over the top. Spoon the dressing over and serve.