Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
In trattorias (traditional Italian eateries) a peasant dish of olive oil, garlic and spaghetti is served, this dish originated with the roman armies. This version spices things up with peppery rocket and spicy chile.
- 175 g linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 50 g rocket (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook linguine until al dente.
- Heat the oil and add the chile, garlic and lemon zest.
- Cook for one minute on a moderate heat.
- Add lemon juice and basil allowing it to wilt.
- Stir in pasta and season if required.