Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Grapefruit and rosewater are one. I couldn't let that whole container of grapefruit juice go to waste, could I? A CG Original.
- 10 ounces grapefruit juice (red or yellow)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon rose water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- mint leaves or lemon verbena leaf
- lime slice
- ice cube
- Pour grapefruit juice into chilled glass.
- Add rosewater, pomegranate molasses and lime juice. Stir.
- Garnish with mint leaves (or verbena) and a lime slice.
- Variation: To rock the Qasbah even more, add 1 ounce of gin, vodka or Captain Morgan's spiced rum.
4 1/2 for me too. Such a great flavour combo, I liked it very much. I found it a lot to drink on my own, I usually only drink gf juice in very small quantities. But I can picture myself sipping on this over ice in the summer, with a splash of mineral water and perhaps that vodka that some others mentioned ;). I think it would be a big hit at our next BBQ get together. Thanks CG!
Very nice! I did double the rose water. I drank about half of the drink (to 6 oz) and then added 1 oz of vodka (hey, it's 5 o'clock somewhere, right) and that was awesome too. So the morale of the story is that you can turn this recipe into 2 cocktails by adding 2 oz of vodka :) Thanks for sharing this great, refreshing drink!
4 1/2 stars. Nice twist but my fresh grapefruit I squeezed was kind of bitter but that can be corrected. The grapefruit I used was called red, it looked pink to me. Made for Veggie Swap 24 ~ July 2010 ~