Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not sure who brought these to our hoilday cookie swap. I do know however, that there were none left...
- 2 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 cup chopped nuts, finely
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup rum or 1⁄2 cup brandy or 1⁄2 cup orange juice or 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons light Karo syrup
- Mix thoroughly and form into small balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar and verious coatings and wrap in wax paper.
- The rum balls can be rolled in a variety of coatings, i.e sliced almonds, chocolate sprinkles, or coconut.
I love these.I started making them 30 years ago from my Old Settlemant cook book.They are a favorite at Christmas time.The recipe never changes and it always better the longer they set. Thank you for posting it.