My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 2Shuck the corn, discarding all of the silk, and add the ears to the boiling water.
- 3Cook for 5 minutes, drain and let cool.
- 4Using a sharp knife, slice the kernels from the ears and set aside.
- 5Cut the onions into 1/4-inch slices, brush both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Grill the slices over a hot fire, turning once, until nicely colored and beginning to soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 7(Alternatively, you can broil the onion slices in the oven.).
- 8Let cool, then dice the slices.
- 9Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium skillet and sauté the mushrooms over medium-high heat just until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 10In a large bowl, combine the corn, onions and mushrooms and toss to mix.
- 11Set aside.
- 12Stack a few romaine leaves, roll up lengthwise and cut across into thin strips; repeat with the remaining leaves.
- 13Set aside.
- 14Heat the remaining butter in a medium skillet until it turns nut-brown (not dark or burned).
- 15Add the rock shrimp with salt and pepper.
- 16Saute, stirring, until just opaque through (cut into one to test), about 3 minutes.
- 17Add the rock shrimp to the vegetable mixture along with the herbs, romaine and orange oil.
- 18Toss to thoroughly coat and taste for seasoning.
- 19Serve In a large martini glass or on small plates, with crackers or crunchy bread and a glass of sparkling wine.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rock Shrimp Martini With Orange Oil
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.2
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 240.5 mg
- Sodium 269.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: