Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
For all you seafood lovers, a nice twist to a burger.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup prepared wasabi (available in the Asian section of your supermarket)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
Rock Shrimp Burgers
- 1 lb rock shrimp
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- hamburger bun, for serving
- tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, slices for mini-burgers, for serving
- For the Wasabi Mayo:
- Mix all the ingredients together. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the Rock Shrimp Burgers:
- Process half the shrimp with the egg.
- Coarsely chop the remaining shrimp and put it into a bowl.
- Add the processed shrimp and the parsley, bread crumbs, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the mixture into 4 portions and form them into patties.
- Grill them on medium heat until cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. (You can also fry them in a skillet with a little oil.)
- To serve:
- Place a burger onto a bun. Top with a slice of tomato and some Wasabi Mayo.
- Cover with the bun top and serve.
- For mini-burgers:
- Prepare the buns by cutting out smaller buns with a 1 1/2-inch diameter ring mold or biscuit cutter.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of the burger mixture and form it into a small patty. Continue with the remaining mixture until all the burgers are formed.
- Grill them over medium heat until browned and cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Place a shrimp burger onto a mini-bun.
- Top with a slice of cherry tomato and some Wasabi Mayo.
- Cover with the bun top and secure them with a toothpick.