Recipe by Gunnar
Comfort food. Spaghetti, cheese, bacon, creamy and filling. Sure to be a favorite for you. It is for me.
Top Review by k8po
I think it is safe to say I'm obsessed with this recipe. I have made it twice now and just purchased ingredients to make it a third, this time for my parents and brother instead of my boyfriend... I hope they like it as much as we do! I add a little extra cream and an extra egg to make it a little more saucy. Overall, it has delicious, rich flavor and is even great cold for leftovers. YUMMM.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream (or so)
- some olive oil
- 3 shallots, sliced thin
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, smashed and or minced
- 1⁄2-1 lb thinly sliced bacon, cut into squares
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn on your boombox with some loud rock music.
- Boil water for spaghetti as you normally would.
- Mix egg yolks and cream together and set aside.
- In a saute pan, place olive oil, bacon, and garlic, to cook over low heat, till bacon is crisp.
- Make sure to cook the bacon very slowly.
- When done, add shallots mix for half a minute or so, and pull from heat.
- Drain pasta and place into a large pot or bowl.
- Add bacon mix and toss once.
- Add egg/cream mix and cheese, toss again.
- These last three steps should be done very quickly to cook the egg mixture, and spread the cheese evenly.
- Serve wilth freshly ground black pepper, a fresh salad, and a nice glass of wine.
- My choice on wine is Johanisberg Reisling.
- Rock on!