Recipe by The Rock & Roll BBQ Chef
This zippy recipe is a BBQ favorite. It is served when we do catering and it seems to suit a wide variety of tastes.
Top Review by mkasnow
I made this last night and our guests really enjoyed it. I made a couple changes: I doubled the cheese and used cheddar jack. I also bought four cheese & garlic croutons and crushed those for the topping as opposed to bread crumbs. DELICIOUS!!
- 453.59 g macaroni noodles (cooked in advance)
- 226.79 g cream cheese, melted
- 226.79 g cheddar cheese
- 591.47 ml heavy cream
- 78.07 ml flour
- 118.32 ml butter, melted
- 473.18 ml sliced jalapenos (from a can or jar)
- 118.29 ml jalapeno juice (from the jar)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cajun seasoning
- 59.16 ml breadcrumbs (for topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan melt butter, then add cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Add heavy cream and whisk it inches Then add jalapeño juice and whisk that inches
- Mix in Cheese, stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Mix in Jalapeños, Salt, Cajun Seasoning, and Flour.
- Continue whisking until all ingredients are completely mixed.
- Grease a casserole dish and layer bottom of pan with half of the cooked macaroni.
- Gently pour half the mixture over noodles.
- Add another layer of noodles and cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle top with bread crumbs. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.