Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This zippy recipe is a BBQ favorite. It is served when we do catering and it seems to suit a wide variety of tastes.
- 453.59 g macaroni noodles (cooked in advance)
- 226.79 g cream cheese, melted
- 226.79 g cheddar cheese
- 591.47 ml heavy cream
- 78.07 ml flour
- 118.32 ml butter, melted
- 473.18 ml sliced jalapenos (from a can or jar)
- 118.29 ml jalapeno juice (from the jar)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cajun seasoning
- 59.16 ml breadcrumbs (for topping)
- In a saucepan melt butter, then add cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Add heavy cream and whisk it inches Then add jalapeño juice and whisk that inches
- Mix in Cheese, stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Mix in Jalapeños, Salt, Cajun Seasoning, and Flour.
- Continue whisking until all ingredients are completely mixed.
- Grease a casserole dish and layer bottom of pan with half of the cooked macaroni.
- Gently pour half the mixture over noodles.
- Add another layer of noodles and cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle top with bread crumbs. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
I made this last night and our guests really enjoyed it. I made a couple changes: I doubled the cheese and used cheddar jack. I also bought four cheese & garlic croutons and crushed those for the topping as opposed to bread crumbs. DELICIOUS!!
Really? Add 1/3 c flour to a hot mix of cream and cream cheese? Talk about an invitation to lumpiness (and raw-flour flavor)! How 'bout melting some of that butter in a skillet and making a roux, and then whisking in the cream-cheese/cream/etc stuff bit by bit to avoid lumps. Also: you might put the oven temp for preheat first in the recipe, and write the ingredients in order. And what the heck does "Add heavy cream and whisk it inches" mean? The basic ideas of the recipe are good; the instructions...not so much. And the pasta comes out over-done: precooking it only partially would improve things a lot.