This zippy recipe is a BBQ favorite. It is served when we do catering and it seems to suit a wide variety of tastes.
- 1 lb macaroni noodles (cooked in advance)
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese, melted
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups sliced jalapenos (from a can or jar)
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno juice (from the jar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs (for topping)
- In a saucepan melt butter, then add cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Add heavy cream and whisk it inches Then add jalapeño juice and whisk that inches
- Mix in Cheese, stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Mix in Jalapeños, Salt, Cajun Seasoning, and Flour.
- Continue whisking until all ingredients are completely mixed.
- Grease a casserole dish and layer bottom of pan with half of the cooked macaroni.
- Gently pour half the mixture over noodles.
- Add another layer of noodles and cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle top with bread crumbs. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
I made this last night and our guests really enjoyed it. I made a couple changes: I doubled the cheese and used cheddar jack. I also bought four cheese & garlic croutons and crushed those for the topping as opposed to bread crumbs. DELICIOUS!!
Good n' Spicy! Oh look, Sister#2 did it again...sneaked in a taste test and it looks like she's about to cry. Humphhh crying takes all the joy out of laughing at someone.
This is a family favorite! It is a must at every holiday my younger cousin requests a whole pan for himself! Always a big hit. I add more cheese whatever I have but Sharp cheddar or hot pepper cheese is a great addition!