Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a zesty and spicy recipe. Adjust chipotle to modify heat. It will have a creamy texture. Great on eggs, chicken, and seafood
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 6 medium tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, White
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice
- Add oil to a frying pan. Over medium heat brown your tomatillos. They may blacken a bit, no worries. Cook until soft and splitting.
- Remove the tomatillos and set aside. Add Onions to pan and cook them until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to your blender or food processor and process until smooth. Adjust water to control texture and your own personal taste.
- Chill for at least 2 hours for flavors to blend. Serve with tortilla chips. Keeps for at least 3 days.
Rock & Roll BBQ Chef you've done it again! Another A++++++ recipe! My DH requested I make a tomatillo salsa and when I saw you had one I just knew it would be terrific. So easy to make with such incredible results. I halved the amount of chile's (I'm a heat wuss..lol) and doubled the lime juice. We ate this strait out of the bowl with tortilla chips..yummo!!!! Thanks again R&R BBQ Chef!