Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Get that tasty BBQ shack flavor in your kitchen
Make and share this Rock & Roll BBQ Pit Style Beans for the Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (1 lb) cans pork and beans
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄3 cup molasses (dark)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red chili powder
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Drain most of liquid from can of beans. Put all ingredients into a crock pot and mix it up.
- Turn mixture on HIGH for 30 minutes, then reduce to low setting for 2 hours. This mixture can cook for hours on LOW during your party if need be.
Dang good! followed as written and added 1/2 of a chopped white onion, 1 TBSP of mustard powder, and a little cornstarch slurry. Next time i'm adding a little MORE cornstarch, bacon, and some black beans. Thanks for a nice n spicy beans recipe!! Man and kid approved! :)
Very good! I reduced the recipe to serve 6 (more like 4 people) and used a 30oz can of beans. I find most bbq or baked beans to be much too sweet so I used about half the sugar and then added a few shakes of liquid smoke. End result was a slightly sweet, smoky easy to throw together side for some smoked chicken. I'd make them again!
Excellent! The first time I made them I didn't heed the direction to drain the beans first, and they were a bit soupy. But when I made them as directed they were perfect. A lovely touch of Southern BBQ for those up us way up north!