1/4 Photos of Rock & Roll BBQ Jalapeno Dust
2 hrs 5 mins
The Rock & Roll BBQ Chef's Note:
This is a great spice to add to anything from soups to salads. I have friends that use it on their popcorn now. I like it on my eggs in the morning. Some people may want to add other spices at the grinding stage to make this spice with their own special twist.
My Private Note
- 1Preheat your over to 200 degrees.
- 2Remove stems from Jalapenos by slicing off the ends.
- 3Slice Jalapenos lengthwise.
- 4Cover a cookie sheet with cheese cloth, parchment paper, or foil. You can use an outdoor smoker or food dehydrator if you want.
- 5Place Jalapenos skin side down (not stacked) on the pan. Add the peeled Garlic cloves where there is room.
- 6Place in oven and bake until ALL juices have released. Everything should be hard and dried. The garlic will be brown and the Jalapenos will have shrunk drastically. This process can take 2-8 hours. The humidity of you area, oven, and house will effect this. Check every 1/2 hour after a couple hours!
- 7When it's all done remove the pan from the oven and let cool. You can now process the dried ingredients in a blender, food processor, or spice grinder. I use a food processor to condense the mixture. I powder the stuff from there with a coffee grinder. If you use a coffee grinder (the best way) make sure it's one that doesn't get used for coffee! You don't want your coffee to taste like spices and visa versa.
- 8Store in cool dry place and use liberally.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rock & Roll BBQ Jalapeno Dust
Serving Size: 1 (6 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.1 g