Recipe by The Rock & Roll BBQ Chef
This dip is "guacamole-esque" but it has a personality all it's own. It can be put in squirt bottles and used to top tacos quickly. I put it on the table as a dipping sauce.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Very nice and different from your ordinary Avocado Dip. I thought this was really going to be hot with the Jalapenos, tomatillos and salsa verde, but it was a wonderful blend of flavors that we really enjoyed with chips this afternoon. I didn't change a thing. Thanks R&R for a really good recipe.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 avocados (pitted and skinned and chopped)
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatillos, drained
- 1 cup salsa verde, about 1-2 cups
- 5 fresh jalapenos or 5 serranos
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 lime, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute' onions, peppers, and garlic in oil. Cook until onions start to get transparent.
- Put that mixture and all the other goodies in a food processor or blender. Blend until very smooth. It will look like a green milkshake -- THAT IS A GOOD THING
- Here is where you make you personal choice -- You can return mixture to pan and simmer for 30 minutes and then refrigerate OR you can immediately chill. I usually chill right away in the interest of time. Either way it is good. If you simmer it the mixture will get thicker, but it is plenty thick enough without doing it.
- Let chill at least 2 hours. Serve on fish tacos or just dip away with tortilla chips!