Recipe by Montana Heart Song
These vegetables seem to go together for taste and crunch, especially in the summer. I like to use my dressing but you could use any that might have a little sweetness to it.It is good with any dressing.
Top Review by cne715
Delicious...the company isn't even here and I've eaten several mouth fulls!! I am new to kohlrobe so I was searching for something good and I found something great. I added Greek yogurt because I was low on sour cream. Nice flavor all around. Will recommend it to my Community Supported Agriculture who supplied my veggies. Don't change a thing especially the dressing.
- 3 cucumbers, ends cut
- 10 -12 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 kohlrabi, peeled, sliced and coursely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Take a fork and tine the cucumber peel of each cucumber down lengthways on all side of the cucumber. This will create a design of thin ridges down the peel. Slice in thin rounds.
- Put all of the cut and sliced vegetables in a large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt or salt substitute. Let set.
- In a mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, celery seed and lemon juice. Stir until mixed.
- Note: cut the sugar in half if you use Miracle Whip Salad dressing.
- Pour out any water that has accumulated in the bottom of the vegetables. Drain well.
- Add your dressing or any dressing of your choice. Toss and serve.
- Wonderful to eat with mashed potatoes.
- Fix the potatoes the way you like them and this salad for a wonderful meatless meal.