Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have shamelessly ripped off restaurant menu items on a fairly consistent basis, tweaked them this way and that and made my own. This burrito recipe is one of many recipes I've blatantly stolen. I am no longer to be trusted. Even Denny's reserves the right to serve me.
- 2 cups pinto beans, cooked, to room temperature
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked, to room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese or 2⁄3 cup mild Mexican cheese, your choice
- 1⁄2 cup pico de gallo (homemade is best)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2⁄3 cup mole, sauce (homemade is best)
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (10-inch diameter) or 6 spelt tortillas (10-inch diameter)
- For each tortilla divide the ingredients, adding the mole sauce last.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and roll up burrito fashion.
- Begin by rolling the tortilla 1/4 up, stop, fold in sides and finish rolling up. Serve seam side down.
- Hurray for copycat recipes!
What a fun combo! I made homemade mole sauce and pico de gallo and used a pepperjack blend for the cheese. The flavors came together wonderfully. I made one minor change - due to food allergies, I used corn tortillas instead of wheat or spelt. Thanks for sharing! Veg*n Swap 25
Ummm, this is going to be a weird review. I am giving it 4 stars, but every single person in my house hated these. However we can trace the source of hatred to the storebought mole sauce I used. Also none of us had ever had mole. However, if I had left off the mole, this would have definitely been 4 stars burritos! :) And for people who already love mole sauce, or who can take the time to make their own, this will prolly be at least 4 stars as written. Thank you for posting. Made for ZWT5 for the Groovy GastroGnomes!