Recipe by COOKGIRl
I have shamelessly ripped off restaurant menu items on a fairly consistent basis, tweaked them this way and that and made my own. This burrito recipe is one of many recipes I've blatantly stolen. I am no longer to be trusted. Even Denny's reserves the right to serve me.
Top Review by Starrynews
What a fun combo! I made homemade mole sauce and pico de gallo and used a pepperjack blend for the cheese. The flavors came together wonderfully. I made one minor change - due to food allergies, I used corn tortillas instead of wheat or spelt. Thanks for sharing! Veg*n Swap 25
- 2 cups pinto beans, cooked, to room temperature
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked, to room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese or 2⁄3 cup mild Mexican cheese, your choice
- 1⁄2 cup pico de gallo (homemade is best)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2⁄3 cup mole, sauce (homemade is best)
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (10-inch diameter) or 6 spelt tortillas (10-inch diameter)
Directions See How It's Made
- For each tortilla divide the ingredients, adding the mole sauce last.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and roll up burrito fashion.
- Begin by rolling the tortilla 1/4 up, stop, fold in sides and finish rolling up. Serve seam side down.
- Hurray for copycat recipes!